Forums

Italian Grana Padano Cheese, 2 Pound

• Sat 24th Oct 2020 - 4:22pm
    to Parmigiano Reggiano, despite the differences between them in the method of production and region of origin. Parmigiano reggiano comes exclusively from Emilia-Romagna, and grana padano from the Veneto,Trentino, Piedmont, or Lombardy. Parmigiano Reggiano may by law only be made from the milk of cows that have been fed on grass or hay, whereas other types of fodder are permissible for grana padano.   This does not mean that it is in anyway inferior. Its manufacture is supervised by a consortium, and only cheeses bearing the official brand mark grana padano are the genuine article. The milk from which it is made comes from two consecutive milkings, and is allowed to stand and partially skimmed to produce an Italian cheese with just 30 percent fat in dry matter. The milk is then heated and micro-organisms added. The cheeses are matured for 1-2 years. Grana padano has a granular texture, and can become dry and crumbly. It forms a thick, smooth rind. The cheese has a harmonious flavour, not too salty and not too mild, with a slight piquancy and a nutty quality. It can be eaten as an appetizer, or used for grating over pasta dishes or green salads.   So next time you want to eat the real Italian way use real Italian cheese, it will make a difference.   If you've never tried fresh Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano give it a go, its one Italian cheese that pasta cannot do without.   I try to pass on my musings on life and experiences in a way that people may find interesting to read. https://cibusdirect.com/search?type=product&q=grana+padano      
  • Sun 25th Oct 2020 - 2:58am
    Pleasant to peruse your article! I am anticipating sharing your enterprises and encounters. download kmspico

Please register or login to post forum replies